Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Captive (Draw Me #1)

I am held firm
I can not break free
You have wounded me
through and through
and have left me in
the dust, still captive

You flood me in my
cavern, overflowing
the cistern so deep and
so used to being full that
the pain is great upon its
being emptied and filled again
with new water

Such wonderful torment!

I become insensible
to the world that
surrounds me with
so much noise like thunder
rattling in the air
going nowhere
going nowhere

Since You have wounded me
in this capture
will You not now release me?
Since I now can’t leave You
take me to Your garden
and let me rest there forever
in Your arms for I am wholly Yours

Such sweet captivity!

Take me to Your garden
though it be a desert
and I will live there forever
belonging only to You
I’ll be a jar made of clay
made to be emptied

and filled again.

8/17/08

No comments:

Post a Comment